Today’s guest post comes from Ian over at Musings from a Catholic Bookstore, where he talks about his discoveries at a recent marketing trade show.
Even if you don’t own a Catholic book store, you’ll find some “yep, I oughta be doing that” stuff in here.
Here’s just a sample of the ribs Ian pokes in his post:
- Can you tell what your gross profit for the year was last year?
- Can you tell what your top 100 sellers were and how many you sold on average each month?
- Can you identify your top 20 retail and top 5 parish customers?
- Can you identify what items in your store didnâ??t sell last year?
- Can you tell by gross profit what your top two marketing efforts were last year?
- Can you tell how many sales were produced by yellow page ads?
- What was your return on investment for online advertising?