Monday’s have been a bit over the top lately, but yesterday was a doozy.
Really, there’s enough things going on to give your business some challenges without adding today’s “entertainment”.
On the other hand, what Monday wouldn’t be complete without:
- emergency World Health Organization (WHO) declarations due to the swine flu
- several Manhattan flybys by Air Force One and some F-16s (Yes, I know they call it something else when the President isnt aboard)
- China halting pork and other meat exports out of quality concerns related to swine flu (what, not enough Melamine?)
- a prominent Catholic declining to accept an award and join the President at an commencement event at Notre Dame.
The only thing missing from today’s headlines might be Oprah announcing she’s an alien and that she’s having the Shamwow dude’s child. Next Monday perhaps.
Seriously though, there’s that issue of the mortgage
Meanwhile, your mortgage is still due and it’s Tuesday so perhaps the time has come to get back to normal.
Given the complexity of yesterday, I thought I’d keep it simple.
If you’re struggling to make your nut this week, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
Who are your customers? Really? Break them down into individual groups with different primary needs.
For each group ask yourself these questions:
- How can you save them money?
- How can you save them time?
- How can you help them be more successful?
- How can you treat your best customers even better?
- When did you last speak with your 10 best customers? What else do they need that you aren’t supplying them with?
- How can you reward your most loyal customers for sticking with you?
- What can you do to get your newest customer to be your next great customer?
- Are there any kind of events or workshops that you can offer to them to get them into your store?
- What about the last 20 customers you lost? Have you spoken with them to find out why they left? Can you get any of them back?
About your products and services…
Can they be separated? Combined? Shrunk? Enlarged? Bundled? Delivered? Shipped? Installed?
Which of them need fine tuning, repair or overhaul?
Think. Then Act. Today.