Business adviser and author Chet Holmes uses a strategy called “The Dream 100” to identify the 100 prospects he would most like to obtain as clients. He then puts strategies and actions into place to do so.
Think about your market. It might be tough to come up with 100 â??bestâ? clients youâ??d like to have, but itâ??s easy to think of 10 when you categorize them differently.
Your list might look something like this:
- List the 10 clients you’d most like to have a testimonial from.
- List the 10 clients whose CEOs you would learn the most from.
- List the 10 clients who, after using your products/services, would have the biggest “upside”.
- List the 10 clients who would test your company’s strengths.
- List the 10 clients who would expose your company’s weaknesses.
- List the 10 clients whose demanding nature would will your company to step up their game.
- List the 10 clients who, as a group, would produce a wave of revenue that would transform your business.
- List the 10 clients who need products and services you don’t yet offer, but need to.
- List the 10 clients who wouldn’t likely survive without your help.
- List the 10 clients who would make you wake up in the middle of the night and think to yourself “I canâ??t believe I got those guys.”
Nowâ?¦go get ’em!