People are coming out of the woodwork on this one, so I thought I should launch a formal request to contact me with your disaster story and the lessons learned.
Feel free to use the contact page, or comment below. If you want to keep the details anonymous, please say so in your comment and I will read/compile your story but leave the comment unapproved so no one sees it.
As for your story…
- What happened?
- What was the impact on your business?
- How did you recover?
- What was the most difficult part of the recovery process?
- What blindsided you (other than the disaster itself)?
- What did you learn about business insurance coverage that you’d never want anyone else to learn the hard way?
- What did you learn about your agent, their company and the claims process that you wish you knew before the disaster?
- How long did it take you to get your business back to where it was before the disaster? (Assuming you have)
- Did your marketing or promotions take advantage of the disaster?
- How did your clients react to the disaster and to your recovery process?
- Did you use public relations or the news media to get the word out, or were you able to contact each customer about the disaster and your recovery plans?
- Did your competition help you recover, do nothing, or take advantage of your loss? How?
- What was the key – for your personally – to facing it, brushing yourself off and turning things around?