On July 1st, how will you read your favorite blogs?
If your answer is “Google Reader”, you’re running out of time – Google Reader goes away on July 1st.
If you depend on Google Reader to read Business is Personal, much less other blogs, it’s time to make a choice about how you will move forward.
If you don’t, your blog reading list will be gone.
How do you avoid losing your blog reading list?
I suggest the following:
1) Use the instructions at Mashable to export your existing Google Reader RSS feed list so you’ll have a backup of the list of feeds you use. This export can be used with any feed reader.
2) Choose a new feed reader to replace Google Reader. Currently the leader seems to be Feedly, but Digg will soon introduce a new reader that might be worth trying.Â I haven’t seen the Digg Reader yet, but Feedly’s last couple of releases have made substantial strides in usability and performance. It’s a good product.
3) For feeds that are critical to you, you may want to get notifications via email so that you never miss a post.
What about Business is Personal?
To keep getting Business is Personal…
- You can get the full text (and photos) of Business is Personal posts in your email.
- If you’ve already chosen a RSS feed reader and just need to subscribe, use this feed link.
Thank you for reading. It means a lot to me.
P.S. If someone you know could take advantage of what we discuss here, please help them by sharing it them. I make that easy using the social sharing buttons below.